Followers

Friday 22 April 2016

what the wavelets said

They weren't shouting. Nothing special - no crashing breakers, no flying foam in a roaring wind. Simply wavelets in the sunshine, a beautiful bay, and more distantly, the huge misty arc of mountains on down the coast of Cardigan Bay.

 An inexpressible (for me) sense of being, in a wide-open space filled with light.

I wasn't alone; the walking group are good friends, so I drifted in and out of conversation, and I took a little time to myself right down on the shore.

I wasn't looking for consolation, just a little presentmomentness. Which, of course, is always there all the time, if I can let the presentmomentness become me, and me, it. 

Certainly, it was in the wavelets. And so, because I wasn't thinking about consolation, I wasn't trying to get myself consoled, the moments at the sea's edge were calming and consoling. All you have to do is be with it and let it work. And a beautiful place is a big help!



No comments: