Followers

Monday 23 May 2016

what the clouds said

This title could open the gates to a big rush of whimsy. Remember "I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow, it's cloud's illusions I recall..." 

These clouds last evening weren't objects of such verbal games.

 I hadn't meditated, by the early evening. You know, if you are a meditator, how it goes. You tell yourself it's much more productive to meditate every morning, even if it's for less than 30 or 40 minutes. But somehow, you don't. 

"I'll just do these few pressing little tasks first, and then.." And then it's tea-time.

So I went for a walk along the top lane. Usual thoughts - what a beautiful evening (it was) aren't we lucky to live around here (yes we are)....Then without really trying, I was there. 

All I had to do was put my attention with my feet, and walk fairly slowly. The lane stretched ahead, but it seemed like a new lane. Maybe not new, and not the same old. Just...THIS lane NOW. Something like that.

And above the lane, and field, and the hedges, and the hills - the clouds.

 These unique, always changing, never still, little clouds. Not altostratocumulusnimbus let's label and analyse them, not let's use them as symbols of illusions as in Joni Mitchell's song, not let's compare them with yesterday's clouds, or clouds somewhere else.

Just these entirely present clouds. Here and now.

No comments: